With Winter near/here we’d like to once again inform our Troy body of how Terra Nova deals with weather that could potentially affect Sunday morning gatherings.
In general, we will only cancel services if conditions are very bad in Troy. Whereas the distances that folks travel to attend Terra Nova is far & varied enough that conditions could greatly differ during a given storm, we base the decision on the forecast of Troy itself.
Also the decision to cancel must be made by 5:30am on a Sunday morning since some volunteers arrive at 6-6:30am.
When we do need to cancel – one or both – Sunday morning services, there are various outlets in which to get that information:
2) Terra-Troy’s Facebook page will have the cancellation information, as will our Twitter account: @TNCTroy. (If you haven’t “liked” us on Facebook, please do so here.)
3) It should also appear on local TV stations and their respective web listings. (Note that the Terra-based web notifications will be faster and more dependable than the local networks.)
*A slight disclaimer: Due to the unpredictability of exact weather conditions and outcomes, please understand that a “bad call” might be made one-way-or-another. (i.e. cancelled when we needed not to, or failed to cancel when we probably should have.) A best judgment call must be made, and the leadership does not take the cancellation of church lightly.